An Introduction to HR within the Education Sector
Join us for an introduction to HR within the Education sector.
The session will take place on Friday 17th January 2020 from 8:30am (for a 9am start) to 12:30pm in The Panel Room, Queen Elizabeth’s Academy, 150 Chesterfield Road South, Mansfield, NG19 7AP.
The session is a must for senior leaders and those responsible for HR within education settings. The morning session will include the following topics:
1. A summary of employment rights – including unfair dismissal, discrimination, pay and “family friendly” rights and how these are handled in schools. We will provide you with an overview of the types of issues that are encountered when managing staff at all levels.
2. Managing allegations of misconduct – we will look at the investigation, disciplinary and appeal stages of the process to provide you with the confidence to ensure a fair procedure throughout.
3. Managing attendance – staff absence can have a big impact on the running of a school especially where there are knock on effects to other staff and students. We will look at commonly encountered absence issues in schools and how they can be resolved.
The session will be delivered by Laura Evans, an employment solicitor who specialises in the education sector and there will be opportunities to ask questions and network during the morning.
Please click here to download a flyer with details about the session.
Improved Safeguarding with better Facilities Management
This FREE-for-members workshop will take place on the morning of Thursday 16th January 2020, from 8:30am to 11:45pm at Eastwood Hall, Mansfield Road, Eastwood, Nottingham, NG16 3SS.
The workshop will cover the following:
– 5 year fixed wire testing (incl. annual visits for 5 yr contract)
– Bi-annual emergency lighting tests
– Fire & other mandatory / insurance required service maintenance contracts
This workshop is FREE for ABLE members. A second person / Site Manager can also attend for £25, or, ABLE members can nominate a member of staff from their school/academy to attend for no cost using their free place. If two people from the same school/academy wish to book a place (at a cost of £25 for the extra place), please email Jane Guest email@example.com.
8:30 Registration, Breakfast & Networking
9:15 Checklist for Improved Facilities Management
10:15 Tea & Coffee Break
10:30 Overview of Paxton products
11:30 Tea, Coffee & Closing Questions
Please click here for more information about the day.
The workshop will be presented by:
Ben Tooms – Director, Breedon Electrical and Anthony Searle – Commercial Manager, Paxton.
About Ben Tooms – Director, Breedon Electrical
Ben is the Operations Director of Breedon Electrical which he co-founded in 2014. His business has been an ABLE Partner for the last 12 months and has an ongoing growing reputation in schools for delivering excellent electrical, fire, door access & CCTV solutions with all engineers fully DBS checked.
About Anthony Searle – Commercial Manager, Paxton
Anthony has over 20 years of practical security solutions and being an active member of The Security Institute, he can fall back on a wide-ranging support network of professionals, to endeavour to provide clients with market-leading support, service, and advice. Paxton utilise the latest technology to provide powerful, yet easy to install and use security solutions. Their products are widely used within the UK education sector.
Exciting new Venues for 2019/20
We have listened to feedback from our members and are very excited to confirm the venue and conference dates for the next year.
Autumn Conference: 15th October 2019 at Eastwood Hall.
Spring Conference: 12th February 2020 at Eastwood Hall.
Summer Conference: 16th June 2020 at Eastwood Hall.
Our conference agenda includes the opportunity for delegates to visit our exhibition throughout the course of the day.
If you are interested in exhibiting at an ABLE conference, please click here for more details.
As an ABLE member you can attend up to six half day training sessions for free. Dates and titles are yet to be published – look out for details soon!